Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Beginning of the Blog

Yesterday on October 21, 2010, my Computer Science professor, Professor Shaffstall, assigned us a blogging project with which we must create and maintain a blog. After brainstorming ideas for what to even write within my blog I decided to go with something I'm good at... video games.

I'm going to write my first post about the upcoming game Fable 3, which I am very excited about and already have made a reservation at the local Gamestop. Fable 2 was a very good game that recieved many great reviews. However, in my thoughts it was not without it's faults. Fable 2 had a serious lacking in character depth. This was probably done on purpose by Peter Molyneux and the rest of the Lionhead Studios team to create the sense that you are actually your character... if you get what I mean. I for one wanted to get to know more about my character but was unable to do so because the only way you communicate with the world is through different emotions you can perform. Another thing I would like to pick at about Fable 2  is that you couldnt customize you character. Sure you can choose which clothing you character wears, as well as many other options such as clothing color, hair style, hair color, etc. But I like to customize how my charcacter actually looks.

All in all  Fable 2  was a pretty good gaming experience that offers many hours of enjoyment. I would like to see some things fixed in Fable 3 and I am very excited for its October 26, 2010 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment